Health & Safety
All of us at Hotel Atitlán are grateful for the immense trust placed in us by our guests to always do the right thing. We have always practised being open and transparent with our guests and colleagues. Hotel Atitlán has always placed the highest emphasis on the safety and wellbeing of our guests with exacting standards of cleanliness and hygiene. With the risks associated with Covid19, and keeping with the Guatemalan Government, World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control (CDC) in the U.S., we have implemented a number of additional measures across our property.
Updated Cleaning and Disinfecting Checklists
We have updated all our cleaning and disinfecting products, and at the same time all of our procedures and hygiene checklists.
- All touch points in public areas like door handles, counter tops, tabletops, railings, and furniture are continuously disinfected. These practices are also in place in guest rooms and all public areas.
- The use of masks, visors and protective eye wear are worn by all team members at all times.
- As always, all of our sheets, towels, plates, silverware and glasses are washed at high temperatures.
- The restaurant, bar and pool have been reconfigured to maintain safe distancing between guests.
- Temperature readings of our guests will be taken upon check-in, and every day during their stay at breakfast time. This includes visitors that come for the day, and by helicopter. The temperature of all our personnel is taken every day upon their arrival.
- Correctly formulated hand sanitizing gel is available in all areas of the hotel and staff areas.
- All luggage will be sanitized before entering the hotel.
- All of our boats, boat accessories and water toys will be disinfected on a daily basis and after each use.
- Detailed Standard Operating Procedures are in place in case of a positive COVID-19 diagnosis of a guest or staff member.